Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.ocs4rail.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser help for information on how to do this). Please be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this website. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
We set the following cookies:
- Order-processing-related cookies: This site offers e-commerce and payment facilities through our online shop and our paypal donation links; and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order and/or payment is remembered between pages, so that we can process it properly.
- Form-related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
The data you give us via our “Contact Us” form will only be used for the purposes of contacting you by email about your query.
We use Mailchimp to manage data about the subscribers who fill in our “Subscribe for Updates” form. Our Mailchimp account allows you to view and update your data, or unsubscribe completely from our lists. Just click on the “update your preferences” or “unsubscribe from this list” links at the bottom of any of our subscriber emails.
We use WooCommerce to manage sales of books through our online shop. If you buy from us, we will keep your data for up to three years, to allow us to manage our financial records and comply with our obligations for financial reporting.
From time to time we conduct surveys using SurveyMonkey. When we do this, we always use SurveyMonkey’s “Anonymous Responses” option to ensure that any data you provide is anonymised before we receive it. All such surveys will be deleted within 3 months.
Who we share your data with
We will not share your data with anyone other than the services detailed above, and then only insofar as is necessary to provide those services to those users who interact with them.
How long we retain your data
If you subscribe to one of our lists, we will hold your data for as long as you continue to remain subscribed. If you unsubscribe from one of our lists, we will delete your data within three months of the unsubscribe date.
If you use our online shop, data will be retained as follows:
- Retain pending, failed or cancelled orders: 14 days
- Retain failed orders: 14 days
- Retain completed orders: 3 years
What rights you have over your data
If you are a subscriber to one or more of our lists, have emailed us, or have bought from our shop, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you’d like to do any of these things, please get in touch.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We will inform all affected users within 72 hours of becoming aware of a data breach.
What third parties we receive data from
We do not receive data through any third parties, apart from data our subscribers provide, which is held on Mailchimp’s servers.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We do not undertake any automated decision making and/or profiling of our users.